Many bosses struggle with knowing the right thing to say when an employee has done a good job. It can be as simple as saying, “Thank you” or “Good job.” But there are many different appreciation words for employees that employers can use to show their gratitude.
Why does it matter? According to a study by TimesJobs, 88% of employees will stay longer if they feel like they’re appreciated at work. Hiring new employees is costly, so it’s important for companies to make an effort to keep their existing employees. Employee appreciation messages increase the likelihood of employees staying in their current jobs.
Performance Appreciation Words
Inspirational words of appreciation can also help motivate employees to do a better job in the future. If you express optimism in their ability to do a job well, they are more likely to put forth their best efforts.
Bosses can show their appreciation for hard work and dedication by using appreciation words for employees. For example, the boss might say, ” I noticed that you cleaned up a mess someone else made. Thank you.” It’s very simple, but lets the employee know that their actions didn’t go unnoticed.
Interactions like this are best done in person, but if that’s not possible, you can send an appreciation for good work email.
Just make a quick note about what you noticed the employee doing right and thank them for their hard work. This type of thanks message for appreciation goes a long way toward making the employee feel truly appreciated.
For more information on how to write an appreciation message, keep reading for suggestions of words of appreciation for good work done by a team or individual. Here are more than 75 appreciation words for employees.
Sample Appreciation Words for Good Work
1. You always do great work. Thanks!
2. I appreciate how you go the extra mile when asked to do something. Your hard work is appreciated.
3. You are a talented team member and the extra effort you put into your work doesn’t go unnoticed.
4. You’re always willing to take on extra work. I don’t know what we would do without you.
5. You are very creative. You are always thinking of new ways to do things.
6. Thank you for being someone I can always rely on. I appreciate it.
7. Congratulations on landing a new client! I know you worked hard on that.
8. Your determination is inspirational. Keep up the good work.
9. I appreciate your contribution to the company.
10. You demonstrate professionalism through your work. Keep it up!
11. Your innovative ideas helped make this project a big success.
12. Congratulations on completing the project on time. I know there were a lot of hiccups along the way, but you pulled it off!
13. Your leadership skills motivate the whole team to keep working hard to finish the project.
14. Good job! Your perseverance and hard work are exemplary!
15. You are a valuable asset to the team and I appreciate your hard work.
16. Your passion is contagious. You are an extremely effective team leader.
17. I am proud to have you on my team.
18. Your work ethic inspires your co-workers to try harder and do better.
19. You have earned the trust of your colleagues. Your honesty sets you apart and makes you someone to look up to.
20. You are a model employee. I wish everyone worked as hard as you do.
21. You are the glue that holds the team together.
22. Thank you for doing your best work every day.
23. You always know just what to do without being told. That makes my job so much easier.
24. I’ve noticed your hard work. You are always busy doing something important. I appreciate how hard you work.
25. Thank you for putting in so much effort to do the best job possible every day.
26. You are very responsible and always finish your work on time. I appreciate not having to micromanage you to get you to complete your tasks.
27. Your enthusiasm is contagious and contributes to the positive atmosphere in the office.
28. Your determination to reach the target motivates your co-workers and helps everyone succeed at reaching the goal.
29. You make the workplace more interesting just by being here.
30. Thank you for putting your heart into your work. Your passion inspires everyone.
31. You lead your team well. You motivate them every step of the way and help them reach their goals.
32. Your contributions to the company have helped us grow. We appreciate your dedication.
33. Your positive attitude spreads optimism throughout the company.
34. Thank you for being committed to improving your work. Your growth has helped the company grow as a result.
35. Your smile lifts everyone’s spirits and elevates the mood in the office. You really know how to light up a room!
36. Thank you for lifting others up instead of knocking them down. You are a real team player!
37. You always find time to help your co-workers. Thank you for being part of the team.
38. You see things in ways that no one else does. Your perspective adds insight and innovation.
39. You are a great role model to your team members. Thank you for giving them someone to look up to.
40. Thank you for being so reliable. Everyone knows they can always count on you to be there when you say you will be.
41. Your efforts have helped make this team what it is today. You’ve really made a difference.
42. This team has worked hard and your efforts have paid off. Great job!
43. Your performance has been outstanding lately. Congratulations on reaching your goals.
44. Thanks to your hard work, the company has hit its profit targets for the quarter. Thanks for being part of the team’s success!
45. Your results are impressive. You are a key team member and continue to help the company reach its goals.
46. You encountered many challenges but were still able to meet your goals for the year. Congratulations!
47. I appreciate the extra effort you put into everything you do. You are an inspiration!
48. Thank you for being willing to work overtime to get this project completed on time. I appreciate the sacrifices you’ve made, not being able to spend as much time with your family.
49. Thank you for your dedication to solving the department’s problems. I appreciate the effort you’ve put into it.
50. Thank you for learning new skills to help you do an even better job. Your efforts are appreciated.
51. You really went above and beyond to help the company reach its goal. I don’t think we would have made it without you.
52. Your attention to detail contributes to the high quality of our product. Thank you for being so conscientious.
53. Your creativity and insight contributed to the success of this project. Thank you for thinking outside of the box!
54. I am proud of your accomplishments and you should be too. The company couldn’t have done this without you.
55. You’ve proven that you can accomplish anything just by putting one foot in front of the other and persevering until the job is done.
56. Congratulations on earning “Employee of the Month.” Your hard work has really paid off.
57. You always do your best work every day. Thank you for being consistent and reliable.
58. Thank you for inspiring everyone around you to do their best work.
59. The whole team has done a great job of learning how to work together to reach your goals.
60. You demonstrate to others what quality means. Thank you for having such high standards.
61. Everyone has something they can contribute, and you’ve done a great job helping make this project a success.
62. I appreciate your fantastic attitude and great sense of humor.
63. You are such an encouragement to your teammates. Thanks for helping to keep their spirits up.
64. You’re always up for a challenge. I know who to turn to when I need help with something.
65. I admire your dedication to the team and to the company. I know I can always count on you.
66. Thank you for the outstanding contribution you made to that last project. We really couldn’t have done it without you.
67. Thank you for being willing to do any job, regardless of whether it’s in your job description. Your flexibility is an asset.
68. I can’t believe you’ve been with the company for ten years. Your work has been crucial to the company’s success. I hope you’ll stay for another ten years, or even more.
69. You not only inspire your team, but your manager as well. Thanks for having such contagious passion for your work!
70. Thanks for your hard work helping us get through the busy season. I know it’s been stressful, but you’ve had a great attitude the whole time.
71. You’ve really smashed your personal goals lately. Keep up the great work!
72. You’ve been working hard to develop your talents and skills, even outside of work. I can see that it’s paying off.
73. Your perseverance is inspirational. No matter what obstacles you face, you always keep right on going.
74. You really have a heart for helping others. By helping your teammates, you make the whole team stronger.
75. Thank you for helping change the workplace for the better. Your ideas make us even stronger.
76. Thank you for going beyond my expectations. You have really outdone yourself. Keep up the good work.
77. I’ve noticed that your work is getting better, with fewer mistakes and rejections. Keep working at it and you’ll get even better!