There is an art to knowing how to reply to congratulations email on a new job, whether you realize it or not. As someone who has had to write a few responses to congratulations on the new job e-mails, this is something that I am acutely aware of. That’s why I have prepared this guide that is designed to help you properly display your gratitude.
If you are struggling to come up with a proper reply to a congratulations e-mail on a new job, I am here to help. Take a moment to read on and learn more about the best 24 ways to reply to these e-mails….
How to reply to a congratulations email on a new job
1. I never could have dreamed that I’d be the one who was chosen for the job. You believed when no one else did and that means the world to me. Thank you for everything, especially for helping me to overcome my own doubts. Your friendship and support are truly appreciated.
2. Knowing that I have you in my corner touches my heart. Please know that I am always rooting for you in all of your endeavors as well!
3. Thank you for the congratulations! This new position is everything that I always wanted, and it will be a major stepping stone in my career. It’s the first of many great things to come.
4. The fact that you share in my happiness makes this special moment even sweeter. I was moved to tears when I had the chance to read your message. Thank you so much for making me smile from ear to ear.
5. Your congratulatory message was deeply touching. Your love and support are felt, regardless of the distance between us.
6. This message is very meaningful to me. I was as delighted to receive the initial offer as I was to read your lovely e-mail.
7. Thank you so much. I could not have made it this far without your support. I already know that you share in my excitement for what is about to happen next.
8. I really appreciate all of the positivity that you have had to offer. I do not think that I could have gotten this far without your support. You have always known the right thing to say.
9. This means a lot to me. I will be sure to keep you in the loop about everything that comes next. I am so excited to embark on the next step of my professional journey.
These are some fairly standard responses but what about those who are more surprised about the message they’ve received? This is how you craft a response to a congratulations on a new job when the message is more unexpected.
10. Oh my god! Thank you so much. I had no idea that you were even aware of what was going on.
11. Thank you! Oh my god! It is so kind of you to offer your support during this major change. I truly appreciate you for keeping me in your thoughts.
You can also convey excitement if that is how you are feeling. The following examples will come in handy:
12. I appreciate your message. I am so excited about this! I never would have thought that this could happen in a million years.
13. My excitement is hard to put into words. Thank you so much for being such a great friend. Your kind words are greatly appreciated at this time.
14. I am so happy that you are happy. Your excitement only serves to make this moment even greater for me. It wouldn’t have been the same without your heartfelt message.
15. I sincerely appreciate your excitement. Thank you for believing in me. I owe you more than you know for helping me to get this far.
Meanwhile, there are others who may not feel as if they deserve the congratulations. That’s where a “humbled” message comes in handy. These are some great templates to use:
16. You do not know how much this means to me right now. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I am truly humbled and grateful for your support.
17. It is so nice to know that I have you in my corner. I am humbled and blessed to receive your message. I had no idea that you were cheering me on.
You can also let the person know that you knew they would be there for you. It lets them know that you are well aware of the support that they have always had to offer. Here are some great ways for you to place that gratitude on full display:
18. I always knew that I had your support. Thank you for being such a loyal friend. Through it all, you have had my back.
19. Your support means everything to me. I am so happy to have someone like you by my side. Hopefully, I will be the one congratulating you soon enough!
20. This isn’t solely my achievement. We did this as a team. Without your amazing friendship and support, I do not know if I could have made it this far.
Lastly, you cannot go wrong with sincerity. In the words of Mary J. Blige, all I need is sincerity! These messages are sure to make your recipient smile….
21. My sincerest thank you to you for this thoughtful message. I know how much this means to you as well. I look forward to making you proud at this new position.
22. It is so kind of you to remain so invested in my professional development. A sincere thank you to you for staying so involved.
23. From the bottom of my heart, a sincere thank you for the touching words that you have always offered. It is so nice to have people like you in my life, with all of the unconditional support that you provide.
24. You are beyond sweet for saying that. I was sincerely humbled to read your message. Thank you so much for caring enough to send such a kind message.